The following are the General Terms & Conditions of Hire between the Hirer and Lazy Days. Note that these Terms together with all documents requested at the time of booking and the Insurance Motor Rental Agreement signed upon collection of the vehicle combine to form the rental agreement. The vehicle and its equipment remains the property of Lazy Days at all times.
All payments for rentals to Lazy Days are inclusive of VAT charged at 13.5%.
A reservation with Lazy Days is confirmed when a Booking Deposit or (in the case of bookings within 6 weeks of hire) the Full Rental Payment has been received. A booking is only complete when all balance payments, the security deposit and all required documents have been received. The hirer shall receive a Booking Email containing their rental details, payment schedule and checklist of required documents. Confirmation emails will be issued upon receipt of any payments or documentation received.
Lazy Days can also facilitate reservations for hirers without internet access. For further details please contact Sue on +353 (0)87 2885771.
The Hirer and/or Drivers
The Hirer must comply, and is liable for ensuring that the named Driver(s) comply with the following obligations:
- Shall not lend or hire the vehicle to a third party.
- Shall not tow anything with the vehicle.
- Shall not carry more passengers than the permitted capacity of the vehicle.
- Shall not use the vehicle for carriage of passengers or goods for hire or reward.
- Shall not move the vehicle outside of Ireland (North & South). Any expenses incurred recovering a Lazy Days vehicle from overseas shall be the responsibility of the hirer.
- Shall not use the vehicle for or in conjunction with any race, competition, trial or for hire or reward, or on non metalled or sealed roads, or park or drive on any beach.
- Shall restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions, or any other reasonable cause.
- Shall be responsible for the costs of recovery for a vehicle that has become bogged.
- Shall not carry volatile liquids or gases (other than the LPG canisters provided with the vehicle), explosives or other corrosive or flammable materials.
- Shall not permit smoking in the vehicle.
- Undertakes to keep the vehicle securely locked at all times when unattended.
- Shall ensure that the Driver(s) is/are fit and capable at all times.
- Shall not allow the vehicle to be driven by anyone other than those declared and named and in the Lazy Days Insurance Motor Rental Agreement.
NOTE: Allowing the vehicle to be driven by anyone other than those named in the Insurance Motor Rental Agreement will result in full loss of the hirer’s security deposit
Fully comprehensive insurance is provided by Lazy Days to the driver(s) named on the Booking Form or subsequently names on the Additional Driver Form. Lazy Days vehicles may only be driven by the Hirer and/or agreed Additional Drivers who have been accepted by Lazy Days and their Insurance Company. All named Drivers must be over 25 and under 70 years of age and have held a full licence for at least two years. US and Canadian licences must be held for a minimum of 8 years and EEA licences a minimum of 5 years. The rental prices quoted on our website and literature include insurance cover for one named driver aged between 25 -70 years, with a clean licence. In order to comply with the requirements of our Insurance Company all drivers must disclose full details of any endorsements or accidents. Any additional surcharges due to, for example: high-risk occupation, history of endorsements within the last five years, history of accidents, physical/mental defects, refused motor insurance record and motor convictions, additional drivers, etc. will be advised by Lazy Days and any additional costs will be payable as part of the rental fee.
All drivers must submit copies of their full drivers licence (front & back) AND confirmation of address in the form of a recently dated utility bill or a bank/building society statement at the time of booking IN ADVANCE of the rental. UK drivers must submit copies of both their plastic card and paper counterpart licences. Hirers from outside Ireland and the UK must also submit copies of a valid passport or identity card as proof of id. Drivers are required to present their drivers licence on the day of hire. Please note that if these documents are not available, Lazy Days will be unable to proceed with the Hire as they are governed by their insurance company’s requirements and cancellation fees may apply.
The Hirer is insured for damage to the vehicle and third party damages. In the event of any damage to the vehicle or third party the Hirer will be responsible for the insurance excess of €1000 per case not rental. Failure to declare an incident or accident is a criminal offence punishable by law.
NOTE: Failure to disclose an accident or damages during a hire will result in the full loss of the Security Deposit.
It is illegal to drive without insurance in Ireland & UK. Driving by an unauthorised driver invalidates the insurance.
The theft of a vehicle is not covered by insurance if the keys are left in the ignition or the surrounds of the vehicle while the vehicle is unoccupied and the hirer shall be fully responsible for the cost of a replacement vehicle.
The hirer is accountable for the following items not covered by Lazy Days insurance:
- Tyre / Wheel damage.
- Loss/damage/theft to the radio, stereo equipment, and aerials.
- Damage to interior units and/or equipment.
- Personal effects within or from the vehicle.
- Any damages below the value of the €1000 excess where no third party can be held accountable.
Lazy Days requires a security deposit of €1000 for each vehicle on hire. The security deposit can be paid by credit card or in cash on the day of collection. If using another payment method the security deposit is payable no later than 1 week in advance of your rental. The security deposit or deposits will be refunded in full within seven days of return of the vehicle on the following conditions:
- No damage to vehicle, including tyres, or any third party.
- No malfunction, breakdown or repairs caused by the negligence of the hirer. The hirer is required to check the water and oil levels in the engine and tyre pressures.
- Vehicle is returned to the agreed location, on the agreed date and time.
- Vehicle is refueled.
- Vehicle and contents are returned in the same condition as collected, the interior cleaned including all cooking utensils and camping equipment where applicable.
- No additional cleaning required due to the carriage of pets.
- No additional costs have been incurred during the period of rental, e.g.: violation of traffic laws or regulations.
- The vehicle has not been driven by anyone other than those named in the Insurance Motor Rental Agreement.
- Additional cleaning fees may be charged against the deposit if the vehicle is not returned with the interior and exterior in a clean condition. The cleaning fee may be raised to €100 in extreme cases. See Cleaning & Associated Fees below.
Lazy Days reserves the right to increase the security deposit for specific events eg: festivals, rallies or promotional events.
Violation of Traffic Laws and Regulations
Driver(s) are personally liable for all legal penalties and fees pertaining to any traffic violation infringements under the current Road Traffic Legislation applicable in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland. The driver(s) will be liable for any penalties and fees received during their rental.
Lazy Days will notify the driver(s) of any speeding or parking fines and an administration charge of €25 for each infringement incurred throughout the hire period.
All issues should be reported immediately to Lazy Days by telephone on +353 (0)87 2885771. Failure to contact Lazy Days may result in the loss of any refunds due as a result of breakdown. The Hirer should never engage the help of a third party mechanic or any other repairs person without first contacting Lazy Days.
In the event of breakdown 24 hour roadside assistance is provided by the AA. Minor repair bills up to the value of €100 will be reimbursed by Lazy Days upon production of receipts. Repairs in excess of this amount must first be authorised by Lazy Days PRIOR to the work being undertaken. In the rare case of a breakdown that cannot be repaired the AA will tow the vehicle and occupants to a local garage for repair.
A replacement camper may be offered subject to availability. Lazy Days cannot accept liability for any costs arising from accident, breakdown or any other cause, e.g., replacement vehicle costs, travel, accommodation. Lazy Days liability extends to either replacing your van with a similar one or refunding your hire charge for any days you lose the total use of the vehicle.
Depending on the circumstances, we reserve the right not to replace the Vehicle.
In case of an Accident or Damages cause by a Third Party please take the following steps:
- Inform the Garda (Police in Republic) / Police Service Northern Ireland (PSNI) and obtain an Incident or Crime Number
- Note the name, phone number and address of the third party, other driver and the vehicle owner, if different
- Note the name, phone number and address of each witness
- Describe any injury to yourself or others
- Describe damage to vehicle(s) and other property
- Note the name and address of the other driver’s insurance company (See insurance disc on windscreen)
- Note the number of certificate of insurance (See insurance disc on windscreen)
- Note the registration number of other vehicle(s)
- Note the name or Number of any Garda at the scene or any AA patrol attending
- Note the location of accident
- Take photographs of the scene if you have a camera
- Report the Incident to Lazy Days by telephone
- If possible please also take the following steps:
- Note the speed of vehicles involved
- Note the width of road, road markings, state of road surface, weather conditions, visibility, time of day
- Describe the debris or marks on the road relevant to the accident
- Describe the manner of other driver’s driving
- Draw a rough sketch of vehicle positions before and after the accident
- Note whether other driver and passengers were wearing seatbelts
Any accidental damage caused to a vehicle once covered by the Rental Agreement but still on Lazy Day’s premises shall be deemed as the Hirer’s responsibility.
Terms of Gift Vouchers & Prize Vouchers
Lazy Days gift vouchers may be purchased for any amount and later redeemed as full or part payment for a rental. When a booking is made using a gift voucher or a prize voucher won in a competition the voucher is treated like any other payment. In the case of cancellation of a booking confirmed by a voucher payment the normal ‘Cancellation by Hirer’ terms set out in the following sections will apply in full.
Cancellation by Lazy Days
Lazy Days reserve the right to cancel a reservation at the proposed commencement of hire if:
- Required documents are not produced or valid in accordance with stated conditions.
- Failure to provide funds for security deposit.
- Over occupancy of vehicle.
- Address on driving licence does not match booking/billing address. Additional proof of id is required in the form of a recent utility bill or a bank/building society statement.
- Hirers from outside Ireland and the UK fail to provide a valid passport or national identity card alongside driving licence as proof of id.
Lazy Days reserve the right to refuse to hire to any person, without stating cause.
Cancellation by Hirer
It is advisable to purchase holiday cancellation insurance. In the event of a cancellation by the hirer the following charges shall be incurred per vehicle booked:
- Within 1 week of rental AND no show: 100% of rental payment.
- Within 6 weeks of rental: 100% of booking deposit, i.e.: €300.
- From 12 to 6 weeks before rental: 50% of booking deposit.
- More than 12 weeks before rental: €50 administration fee.
Credit card and debit card charges are non refundable.
The above cancellation terms and charges will apply when:
- The hirer requests to make significant changes to the dates of their hire, e.g.: postponing or changing rental dates on more than one occasion.
- In the case of the cancellation of a rental paid for by voucher.
Availability/Choice of Vehicles
Lazy Days shall make every effort to ensure that the vehicle reserved by the hirer is available for the agreed rental. If for any reason it is not available we reserve the right to make another vehicle available without extra cost. BUT if this is not acceptable or another vehicle proves unobtainable, our liability is limited to the refund on any money paid to Lazy Days by the hirer.
Collection & Return
Campers may be collected 6 days a week Monday – Saturday only. Saturday collections are subject to a surcharge of €50. Strictly no camper collections on Sundays or public holidays. Over *bank holiday weekends no camper collections on Saturdays, Sundays or Mondays. Campers may be returned 7 days a week including bank holidays and public holidays. Our rental day rotates on a 24 hour basis from the time of collection. Collections and returns are by appointment between 09:00 – 18:00. During the darker winter months, November – February, we strongly encourage camper collections before 16:30 so that vehicle familiarisation can take place during daylight hours.
*Bank holiday weekends 2018: 17-18-19-Mar / 31-Mar-1-2-Apr / 5-6-7-May / 2-3-4-Jun / 4-5-6 Aug / 27-28-29-Oct.
At least 24 hours notice is required to change your allocated collection time. Please understand that all camper collections are in a carefully coordinated queue so last minute changes can have a domino effect.
Please consider that the next customer may be collecting the vehicle within hours of your return time. If the vehicle is returned late (i.e. outside the times agreed), Lazy Days reserves the right to charge the following penalty fees together with any additional costs incurred by Lazy Days (e.g. compensation to the next Hirer.):
- Up to 2 hours late: €40 for the first driver plus €10 for any additional drivers.
- Between 2 – 6 hours a ½ days rental plus €10 for any additional drivers applies.
- Over 6 hours a full rental day plus €10 for any additional drivers will be charged.
No refund is given for a late collection or early return of the vehicle for any reason, (e.g. connecting transport delays, flight disruption, change of mind/heart, accident, weather or theft). It is advisable to purchase holiday cancellation insurance. The breakdown or malfunction of equipment after the vehicle has left the premises will not be accepted as reason to abort or cancel the Rental Agreement, and any such fault will be rectified as soon as possible. Any accidental damage caused to a vehicle once covered by the Rental Agreement but still on Lazy Day’s premises shall be deemed as the Hirer’s responsibility.
The Hirer is responsible for returning the vehicle with a full tank of fuel and ensuring that it is as clean as at the point of Hire. Upon return Lazy Day’s representative will check the vehicle for damage, cleanliness, a full tank of fuel, condition of the tyres, windscreen, bumpers, roof lights, mirrors, doors and internal habitation equipment.
Cleaning & Associated Fees
The Hirer is responsible for returning the vehicle interior and contents as clean as at the point of Hire. The exterior of the vehicle must be returned sufficiently clean to facilitate a vehicle body work check at the point of return.
A €20 cleaning fee is added automatically to every booking to help cover the extra expenses incurred getting vehicles ready for our guests.
Lazy Days will make the following additional charges for cleaning if deemed necessary:
- €50 for the cleaning of stained upholstery. This maybe increased to €100 in extreme cases.
- €50 for a very dirty interior.
- €100 if the no smoking clause has been ignored.
- €100 for additional cleaning required after pets have been taken (please note we have a no pets policy).
We have a no pets policy.
Personal Car Parking & Storage
The parking of one car per rental will be provided by Lazy Days. Storage of luggage is also available. Both parking and storage shall be entirely at the hirer’s own risk.
Lazy Days are contactable throughout the rental period. All faults, damage or complaints must be reported immediately to Lazy Days or at the latest on return of the vehicle. In the event that a complaint is not satisfactorily resolved upon return, the hirer must inform Lazy Days in writing within 14 working days.